Italian Cooking & Language Blog

Fare La Scarpetta means to wipe your plate clean with a piece of bread.

What else could you ask for?

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Rice Stuffed Grape Leaves

The Greek Cookbook Vefa’s Kitchen has not let me down. I recently made Stuffed Grape Leaves and they were delicious, even if the project took much longer than I’d anticipated.

The ingredients were easy to find. I bought the grape leaves, quite inexpensively compared to Whole Foods costs, at Jerusalem International Market (1713 Plymouth Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105; 734-668-7773.) This also happens to be where I regularly buy olive oil in the huge jug that you can see in the picture above. (Yes, we go through quite a lot of olive oil.)

Ok, so perhaps my husband rightfully noticed that I made too much when he joked, “Whose wedding are we catering this weekend?”

You can purchase the cookbook Vefa’s Kitchen on Amazon.

No comments: