Italian Cooking & Language Blog

Fare La Scarpetta means to wipe your plate clean with a piece of bread.

What else could you ask for?

Friday, April 23, 2010

Egg & Swiss Chard Pie


I believe in using holidays as an excuse to eat a dish, but not limiting certain dishes to a prescribed day. If it is yummy, why wait?

I made this Egg & Swiss Chard Pie (a traditional Italian Easter Pie called Torta Pasqualina) for Easter this year and don’t intend to wait another year to make it again.

I followed the recipe in the Silver Spoon Cookbook. I admit that I’d never eaten it before, so I can’t exactly claim it as my own tradition. That said, it was delicious. With prepared puff pastry dough, Swiss chard, ricotta and eggs broken into the middle of the filling, it was also a dish that attracted attention.

What are your favorite holiday dishes that you make throughout the year?

No comments: