Italian Cooking & Language Blog

Fare La Scarpetta means to wipe your plate clean with a piece of bread.

What else could you ask for?

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tiramisù

Add caption




A few weeks ago, I blogged about Giallo Zafferano, an Italian website with cooking videos, recipes and more. The tiramisù recipe was inspiring enough for me to prepare the dessert for guests recently.

I was able to find almost all of the necessary ingredients, including the cookies and marscapone cheese, for a reasonable price at Trader Joe’s. I slightly altered the recipe by sprinkling (leftover) ground chocolate nibs on top instead of cocoa.

It is a quick and easy recipe. Once it is prepared, leave it in the fridge and then serve. No actual cooking required.

Do you know what the name tiramisù means? The verb tirare means to pull/pick up, mi means me and su means up. It is a pick-me-up dessert because of the coffee and sugar. Sounds right to my taste buds. 

No comments: