Italian Cooking & Language Blog

Fare La Scarpetta means to wipe your plate clean with a piece of bread.

What else could you ask for?

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Search for the Perfect Burger, Part II

Clearly if you need someone on a serious, time-sensitive search, I’m not your person. I started this search back in September with a burger at our local, Glover Park restaurant Kitchen.

To continue, I investigated BGR The Burger Joint. They make a fine burger. I pass the Arlington location (there are six locations) on my drive back from work three days a week. And it sits there, smiling and taunting me as only a burger place next to the wonderful Italian Store.)

The other day I gave in and stopped for lunch. Of course I ordered my favorite:

The Wellington
Roasted mushrooms, caramelized onions, garlic with a touch of mustard seed and blue cheese all atop our burger. Served on a fresh, buttery-toasted brioche bun with our mojo sauce.

Even though I really wanted the sweet potato fries or some onion rings, I was brava and only had the burger. (I have to live through this search, right?) Believe me, the perfectly cooked, medium-rare meat topped with the earthy mushroom and blue cheese flavors were more than enough. My goodness. I want one for breakfast right now.

What other burger places should I try on my search (you know, within the next few months?)

No comments: