Italian Cooking & Language Blog

Fare La Scarpetta means to wipe your plate clean with a piece of bread.

What else could you ask for?

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

More Food Gifts: Wedding Anniversary Cake

For my parents’ anniversary, my husband and I ordered them a cake from Made With Love: Organic Bakery and Café in Jersey City, New Jersey. Celeste, the wonderfully accommodating chef, listened to my description of their uncommon wedding cake and recreated it. As you can see from the cell phone picture, the cake was designed like a ying-yang to represent their union thirty five years ago. The strawberry and pineapple fruit toppings set off the dark chocolate flavor of the cake. My parents “oohed” and “aahed” over the beauty and taste of this organic cake.

Made with Love is a member of Weddings by Artists, a community of artists providing original, creative services for weddings and other occasions.

No comments: