Italian Cooking & Language Blog

Fare La Scarpetta means to wipe your plate clean with a piece of bread.

What else could you ask for?

Thursday, September 9, 2010

DC Local Finds: Resources

We all want good, local advice about where to eat. Here are a few I've been distracted by recently. I hope you’ll add to the list in the Comments Section below.


I love reading through the Washingtonian’s Food and Dining section as well as the Washington Post’s Food section.

I recently came across metrocurean, a site dedicated to good food and DC area eating. I can’t wait to try out the “Five Great Hidden Patios.” Don’t miss author Amanda McClements presenting, along with others, on Food Writing at the Smithsonian Resident Program.

An Easy Spread offers local happy hour finds, recipes, poems and more.

If you are interested in taking cooking classes, I’ve heard great things about the classes at Maryland’s La Academie de Cuisine.

There are also classes offered at a few of Sur La Table’s northern Virginia sites.

No comments: