Italian Cooking & Language Blog

Fare La Scarpetta means to wipe your plate clean with a piece of bread.

What else could you ask for?

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Semolina Flour: Bread

Before

After

Semolina Flour from Bob's Red Mill

Semolina flour is used for pastas, breads and other dishes. I followed this multi-step recipe to prepare two loaves. I rolled the dough (much like this) and then baked the loaves. Later I experimented and cooked one loaf without rolling the dough. That was a hard, dense mistake.

The end result was a really lovely bread that sliced nicely (rather than coming apart at the rolled seams, as I’d feared) with a crispy crust.

Full Disclosure: I received the flour for review from Bob’s Red Mill (thank you!); I was not compensated for this post. All opinions here are entirely my own.

No comments: